Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Pastoral Care
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Per Diem
Who We Are:
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe that the mind, body, and spirit work together in the healing process. The ministry of the Pastoral Care department is interfaith. We value all religious and spiritual traditions, cultural backgrounds, and communities as resources for health and healing. We advocate, provide, educate, and support a mind-body-spirit, holistic approach. We serve patients and their families, medical staff, hospital employees, volunteers, and adjunctive community service providers.
We seek to promote holistic service partnerships between the Medical Center and the wider community of spiritual, mental, and physical health care providers.
- Patient Visitation
- Healing Services
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Laptop Labyrinth available to Cancer patients for comfort and meditation.
About the Job:
Responsible to ensure that spiritual care is available to all patients of the Medical Center Main Campus and Behavioral Health Unit.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess spiritual care needs of patients and intervene to provide appropriate support.
- Facilitate prayer, meditation and reflection with patient, visitors, and/or staff as needed.
- Facilitate the administration of the sacrament and other religious practices specific to multiple religious denominations.
- Minister to acutely and terminally ill patients offering psycho-spiritual support often needed for family.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Counseling /Pastoral Counseling, or related field or Attends workshops to maintain 1 Unit of Clinical Pastoral Care (CPE) yearly required.
- 3 years of experience in a health care setting. 5 years affiliation with a house of worship required.
- Board Certified by one of the following: · NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains) · NBC (National Board of Chaplains · APC (Association of Professional Chaplains preferred
Why You’ll Love Us:
At Southern NH Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefit’s eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
- & So much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.