Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time Positions!
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has nine operating room suites, 25 pre-op/PACU bays, and a sterile processing department. Hours are flexible, with 8-, 10-, and 12-hour day shifts available. The OR has a dedicated call team Sunday through Thursday nights beginning at 7PM, making OR call minimal. Services range from elective and non-elective procedures, including neurological, orthopedic, gynecological, urological, bariatric, colorectal, vascular, ENT, general, breast, and plastics. Surgical services are growing and evolving, utilizing the latest technology for the wide variety of procedures we perform.
As a member of the Surgical Services team, the Surgical Technologist identifies and prepares sterile instrumentation and equipment for surgical procedures. This role assists the surgical team with the verification process, intra-operative procedures, and case closure protocol. In given circumstances that may arise must respond appropriately to emergency situations. The CST Specialty Coordinator is the responsible person and resource/liaison for the specified designated area(s) of specialty.
- Identify and prepare sterile instrumentation and equipment for surgical procedures.
- Assist the surgical team with the verification process.
- Assist the surgical team with intra-operative procedures and with closure procedures.
- Review the surgical booking and match procedures to preference cards.
- Accurately uses surgical preference cards for the selection of instrumentation.
- Inspect instruments for sterility, safety, and function.
- Evaluate surroundings to maintain sterile field.
- Provide at least 2 specialty-related in-service education sessions to staff annually.
- Completion of an accredited surgical technologist program.
- NH Medical Technologist Registration required (unless other current NH state license is held). Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Operating Room Experience.
- Frequent use of fine motor and sensory skills.
- Ability to complete the following competencies:
- Within 30 days:
- Basic Life Support
- Within 90 days:
- Use of preference cards
- Instrument preparation
- Maintenance of sterile field
- Surgical briefings and time-outs
- Instrument safe handling
- Surgical counts
- Instrument inventory and decontamination
- Within 30 days:
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.