Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Who We Are:
Southern NH Medical Center has been in the heart of Nashua for more than 100 years. The medical center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of Southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
About the Job:
The Central Plant Operator will operate and maintain the Central Utility Plant (CUP) to ensure an adequate supply of steam and chilled water for distribution within the Medical Center for temperature and humidity control, domestic hot water, process, and sterilization.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate and oversee the Central Utility Plant (CUP). Observe various meters and gauges and record readings. Initiate appropriate action to ensure the continued and safe operation of the CUP. Perform first response to all CUP operational deficiencies.
- Conduct daily maintenance such as boiler skimming and blow down, checking condensate and make up water, taking readings and reacting accordingly
- Start, stop, adjust, and regulate equipment, including but not limited to, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, compressors, water feed pumps, oil pumps, transfer pumps and other associated equipment as necessary to maintain operational reliability of utility systems
- Coordinate all regulatory inspections with Facilities Operations Manager, including but not limited to, pressure vessel inspections, AST/UST, boiler inspections, fuel and waste sampling, and environmental regulation inspection. Arrange inspection with State of New Hampshire and SolutionHeath insurance providers.
Who You Are:
- Post-Secondary certificate/degree in HVAC/R or equivalent experience preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- New Hampshire AST/UST Class B operator license preferred. New Hampshire Fuel Gas License required. EPA 608 Universal required low pressure refrigerant handling required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in central plant maintenance and operations required
- Knowledge of building automation preferred. Extensive knowledge of high-pressure boiler operation, maintenance required
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Strategic Balance: We acknowledge the importance of work-life equilibrium and offer an environment that respects your commitments both within and outside the workplace.
- Professional Advancement: Join an organization that actively fosters your professional development. We provide opportunities for skill enhancement, learning from industry leaders, and refining your managerial acumen.
- Recognition and Appreciation: Your contributions are celebrated here. We acknowledge milestones, applaud achievements, and recognize the pivotal role each team member plays in our shared success.
At Southern NH Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefit’s eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
- & So much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.