Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 4 East – Med/Surg Telemetry
Schedule: Full Time
Southern NH Medical Center
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire.
The Cardiac Monitoring Technician (CMT) works closely with nursing and provider staff to monitor and interpret cardiac rhythms. The Cardiac Monitoring Technician will identify rhythms and notify the Registered Nurse of any change in rhythm, rate, alarm condition or vital signs noted to be outside the defined parameters. The Cardiac Monitoring Technician will demonstrate the ability to think independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively with members of an interdisciplinary team.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS preferred.
- Successful completion of telemetry/cardiac monitoring course or certification program preferred.
- Prior experience (one-two) years as EKG Technician, Telemetry Monitor Technician or Cardiac Technician preferred.
- Basic medical terminology required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out directions.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 30-days: Basic Life Support; Perform 12-lead EKG.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 60-days: Basic rhythm interpretation/telemetry monitoring.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.