Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 4 East – Med/Surg Telemetry
Schedule: Full Time
Cardiac Monitoring Technician
Who We Are:
This busy, fast-paced cardiac telemetry unit cares for cardiovascular-focused patients that include post-pacemaker placement, cardiac catheterization recovery, and critical medication infusions. This unit also provides a high level of care to our respiratory, diabetic, and endocrine disorder patients, as well as those patients with neurological, renal, vascular, infectious disease, and other medical conditions. Our 4 East Staff members also support dialysis patients with their pre and post-dialysis care.
About the Job:
The Cardiac Monitoring Technician (CMT) works closely with nursing and provider staff to monitor and interpret cardiac rhythms. The Cardiac Monitoring Technician will identify rhythms and notify the Registered Nurse of any change in rhythm, rate, alarm condition or vital signs noted to be outside the defined parameters. The Cardiac Monitoring Technician will demonstrate the ability to think independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively with members of an interdisciplinary team.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitoring rhythm interpretation & telemetry monitoring
- Maintains cardiac monitoring equipment
- Perform 12-lead EKG
- Basic Life Support
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- BLS Certification required
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Prior experience years as EKG Technician, Telemetry Monitor Technician or Cardiac Technician preferred.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression