Department: Material Management
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: 40 hours
Under the direct supervision of the Purchasing Manager and the general supervision of the System Director of Supply Chain, the Buyer coordinates the cost-effective acquisition of products and/or services in accordance with policies and procedures for ELLIOT HEALTH SYSTEM & SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE HEALTH.
Responsible for negotiating the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and services. The objective is to ensure the materials, supplies, equipment and services are acquired from the most reliable and cost-effective sources that meet the needs of the customer and Medical Center.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and evaluates products and/or services according to quality price and serviceability standards. Contact’s vendors and personnel to ensure actions are satisfactory.
- Prepares and prices department requisitions for assigned departments and analyzes acquisitions.
- Initiate’s repair calls for equipment not under service contract and coordinates rental.
- Maintains automated Materials Management System inventory and item files, also enters pricing and updates information into computer files.
- Expedites purchase orders and coordinates delivery of goods between vendor and end user.
- Is the primary contact for special products and equipment pick-up with local vendors and Elliot companies.
- Verify invoices with the Finance Department upon request. Approves price changes after conducting appropriate research.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous Buyer experience preferred
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
- Microsoft Office and automated materials' management system preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- An advanced ability to use spreadsheet modeling software such as Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.