Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Behavioral Health – West Campus Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Southern NH Medical Center
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire.
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker cares for adult patients with acute and chronic psychiatric disorders; maintains a safe patient care environment; provides milieu management of patient’s daily needs; and facilitates therapeutic psycho-education, leisure and recreation group activities; and assesses and identifies patients’ needs during these activities. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker works under the direction of the Registered Nurse and is accountable to the Director of Behavioral Health Services. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the Behavioral Health patient population. Participates in the care of patients by performing assigned tasks.
The Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker delivers care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model; provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes; integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care; utilizes data to improve quality and safety; and incorporates informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision-making.
- Associates Degree in psychology, social science, special education, related health profession or a related area of study required. A minimum of three (3)-plus years of experience in a behavioral health setting facilitating group sessions may be substituted for the required Associates Degree.
- Bachelors Degree in a related area preferred.
- A minimum of one year of behavioral health experience, including facilitating group sessions required.
- A minimum of three years of behavioral health experience in a psychiatric facility preferred.
- Basic understanding of the behavioral health work environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 30-days: Basic Life Support, Milieu management, Therapeutic communication, Involuntary Emergency Admission process, Behavioral Health Rapid Response Team, Group facilitation and teachback.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 90-days: Behavioral Emergency Management (BRRT), Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.