Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Behavioral Health Unit
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: 1900-0730, 2300-0730
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker cares for adult patients with acute and chronic psychiatric disorders; maintains a safe patient care environment; provides milieu management of patient’s daily needs; and facilitates therapeutic psycho-education, leisure and recreation group activities. Assesses and identifying patients’ needs during these activities. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker works under the direction of the Registered Nurse and is accountable to the Director of Behavioral Health Services. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the Behavioral Health patient population. Participates in the care of patients by performing assigned tasks.
- Associate Degree in related area including psychology, social science, special education, any of the health professions, or other area of approved study. Three or more years of experience in behavioral health setting facilitating group sessions may be substituted for Associates Degree.
- One year of behavioral health experience, including facilitating group sessions. Additional education, beyond the Associates Degree required, may be substituted for the one year of work experience.
- Three years of behavioral health experience in a psychiatric facility preferred.
With open communication from all levels, and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.