Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Behavioral Health – West Campus Nashua NH
Schedule: Per Diem
Behavioral Health Worker
Who We Are:
Within Southern NH Medical Centers Behavioral Health Unit we understand the important connection between physical, mental, and emotional well-being and have the resources to support our community through inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, from emergency care, to intensive outpatient programs. This 18-bed voluntary unit serves as an essential healing process within our community.
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Inpatient Behavioral Health Worker cares for adult patients with acute and chronic psychiatric disorders. Our staff works under the direction of the RNs and is accountable to the Director of Behavioral Health Services. The Behavioral Health Worker will successfully complete a competency-based orientation program to become proficient in serving the Behavioral Health patient population.
What You’ll Do:
- Assesses and identifies patients’ needs during therapeutic psychoeducation, leisure, and recreation group activities
- Milieu Management
- Utilizes data to improve quality and provide a safe patient environment
- Monitoring changes in patients across unit
Who You Are:
- Associate degree in psychology, social science, special education, related health profession, or a related area of study required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area or in progress preferred.
- A minimum of three (3)-plus years of experience in a behavioral health setting may be substituted for the required associate degree.
- A minimum of three years of behavioral health experience is preferred.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term, long-term disability, life & pet insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement savings plans
- Continuous earned time accrual