Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Part time 1-29 hours
Southern NH Medical Center
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire.
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Anesthesia Technician identifies and prepares patient-specific anesthesia equipment prior to procedures. The incumbent will assist the surgical team with intra-operative procedures and case closures. The Anesthesia Technician works under the direction of the anesthesia providers and clinical manager and is accountable to the Director, Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- High School diploma required.
- New Hampshire Medical Technologist Registration required (unless other current NH state license is held) required.
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) Certification preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years working in a related field required.
- Previous perioperative experience preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Management of age specific anesthesia carts.
- OR Manager software.
- Anesthesia equipment preparation.
- Clean and decontaminate anesthesia equipment.
- Inventory management of anesthesia supplies.
- Ability to hear conversational tones, phone messages, etc.
- Ability to work independently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.