Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: House Support
Schedule: 7:00pm – 7:30am, EOW
Hours: 7p -7a EOW
Registered Nurse- Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Float Pool
Who We Are:
The Medical/Surgical/ICU Float Pool is a robust team with strong adaptability skills and compassion for being team players in departments that need help. The House Support staff provides comprehensive and compassionate care to adolescent and adult patients with a variety of medical and surgical diagnoses including cardiac patients, patients with high-risk health problems, and general post-operative care. This team is an excellent role for any budding nursing students looking to explore different specialties and get to know our healthcare system.
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Registered Nurse (Float Pool) provides comprehensive and compassionate nursing care to patients with a variety of diagnoses. The Registered Nurse in the float pool will be expected to regularly float and accept assignments on different units to cover staffing needs. The Registered Nurse successfully completes a competency-based orientation program to maintain competencies in serving multiple diverse patient populations.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivers nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model.
- Provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care.
- Utilizes data to improve quality and safety.
- Incorporates informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making.
Who You Are:
- Graduate with an Associate’s degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with a NH License or compact state
- Experienced in Acute Care Clinical areas with a minimum of 2 years
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 Days: Basic Life Support, Competencies for identified clinical areas
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.