Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Access Team – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
We understand the important connection between physical, mental, and emotional well-being and have the resources to support our community through inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, from emergency care, to intensive outpatient programs.
Staffed by mental health clinicians, ACCESS provides crisis evaluations, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. After an evaluation, a referral will be made to the most appropriate services, including outpatient services, partial or inpatient hospitalization.
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the ACCESS Team Clinician conducts crisis intervention assessments on inpatients and outpatients utilizing appropriate crisis intervention techniques to stabilize patient and family.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Mental Health Related Field.
- License eligible as a LICSW or LCMH in New Hampshire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 30 days:
- Psychosocial/Mental Status Assessment
- Suicide Risk Assessment
- Psychiatric Triage
- Initiation of Involuntary Emergency Admission (IEA)
- Pre-Certification Process
- Referral to Community Resources
- Within 90 days:
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
With open communication from all levels, and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.